Sunday, July 19, 2009

Studio at La Romita



The studio at La Romita is in the chapel of the 16th century monastery. Our schedule since we have arrived at La Romita is busy. Up at 6 a.m., breakfast at 7 a.m., on the bus at 8 a. m. Each day we are visiting a different city and location. At night we return to work in the studio and take lessons from an outstanding professor , Marilyn Derwenskus, Ball State University. She guides us and demonstrates various art techniques that we will share with our art students and other teachers when we return. Many nights we are in the studio until midnight working on our various art projects. Check out the picture of us working in the studio and some sketches of work.

8 comments:

  1. wow! you guys have some busy days!! Everything looks so beautiful and the photos are great!! the studio looks so cool, wish I was there! I'm glad ya'll are having a good time and I cant wait to see more photos!! Picking up any italian words?? :D


    love love, ciao ciao
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps.. take more videos, show the inside of the villa! i bet its amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really have busy days!!! The paintings look wonderful, as always. I kind of wish that I wasn't going to high school next year so that I could learn some of the painting techniques. You are so lucky that you are there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you're scheduale is Loaded, it looks like you've been really busy. I can't wait to get a look at your paintings when school starts. I f you stayed up that Late, I'm sure that They'll be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks Beautiful! BUT EVEN MORE BEAUTIFUL IS JULIE ANN ABOUT TO DELIVER!!!
    WE are at Women's and Children, Julie is 5 centimenters; waiting for things to move along.
    Get ready to paint BABY portrait!!
    mary laurie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey miss McClung sorry it took me forever to get to your blog.
    You guys are really staying up late and all of your pictures are just gorgeous. I'm sure you are getting lots of good stuff to teach the new eighth graders next year.
    I cant wait to see more of your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Y'all are busy busy! Mom, I can't believe you actually are staying up past 10. I'm so proud :)

    Love you and miss you,

    Madeleine

    ReplyDelete
  8. You guys are awesome! I have really enjoyed seeing Italy through your eyes (pics, videos & words). I'm so grateful that you've had this opportunity. So many will greatly benefit from your journey.

    Merci pour le partage!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete